Restless

I have been absent, I know, I am officially taking a break from it all. A lot of dust came up in the last week of my 40 days and I am trying to let sleeping dogs lie. Except they keep barking and I can’t sleep, my eating is all weird and I just feel weird. This restlessness has led me to make an amend with an old friend, block the first person ever on facebook, and finally, put together an application for a Nutrition Educator program in 24 hours. Yes, that was my great 40 days outcome, I am seeking a parallel life as a nutritionist, something I have been curious about for a few years and am finally biting the bullet and going through with it. In the meantime, I went to the San Francisco Street Food Festival and ate a bacon-wrapped hot dog. Me. I don’t eat bacon, or hot dogs, or bread. Ew. As I put it to a friend of mine, for 40 days I felt totally in control and now I feel a little bit like a nut job. I think I’m stressed, double eeeww...

It’s all pointing to the undeniable direction that without yoga I am out of balance. Doing yoga every day keeps things moving and instead, I have been letting the same negative emotions sit with me for over a week. I went to 4 classes last week, but keep in mind that this is like coming out of the fruit fast and eating a cheeseburger (or a bacon-wrapped hotdog for that matter). I should have thought this through and instead I am trapped inside an anxious, un-yogi, indignant being, eeeeeew… I’m hitting the yoga studio tonight, let's hope it all flows...

The Street Food Festival was ok, long lines, and they ran out of a lot of the good food. I also wouldn't have minded some live music as entertainment. We skipped the beer tent and went to the liquor store for tallboys. The owner was prepared, a neat stack of individual, perfect tallboy size, brown bags next to the register. I did manage to eat some delicious mahi-mahi ceviche and an amazing gazpacho made with gypsy peppers and melon. The hot dog was peer pressure... I wouldn't have volunteered myself into that line, but it's San Francisco and foodies will try just about anything to tell the story.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, bacon hot dog? Even I might be a little scared of eating that!

    ReplyDelete