Whole30 Wrap Up

I've lagged on writing this post because I don't actually feel like I've wrapped up anything. In fact, the whole30 went by so quickly that I think of it as more of a jumpstart. We've been keeping it paleo since with few changes. The main thing I wanted back was wine and some kind of bread for breakfast. I made my own paleo bread this week and it was really wonderful not to eat eggs for a change!

One of the greatest changes was an even more careful approach to our food sources. We rejoined our lapsed CSA from Eatwell Farm and also discovered the meat box from Avedano's, a local butcher committed to sustainable and responsibly sourced grass-fed meat:

Our first attack at the meat box consisted of grilling perfect steaks using their dry rub:

Alongside a reinvented Caesar Salad with farm lettuce and radishes, walnut/almond garlic "croutons" and Caveman Bistro's perfect (and eggless) Caesar dressing:

And this very welcome addition to the dinner table (if you are judging the merlot, please watch this excellent video made by the Gundlach Bundschu crew in its defense):

No comments:

Post a Comment