Whole 30 Week 2 Roundup

While some things I have totally forgotten exist as part of the human diet, there are other things that have become harder to continue to avoid. I suspect this is different for everyone based on your greatest pleasure. Mine is wine. As the dust collects on our recent wine club shipments, I longingly look at the wine rack and try to get over it. It's totally normal to want a glass of wine after a long day, or because it's friday, or just because. RIGHT?

When I'm not staring down the Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose, I continue to focus on making healthy and delicious food. And doing dishes. The grill is an awesome asset for an easy weeknight meal. And we've had GLORIOUS weather all winter which I am endlessly grateful for! These are 2 of my favorites, garlic mushrooms and bbq chicken thighs. After lots of disappointing chicken breasts we've figured out that thighs are the best, not to mention a lot cheaper!


Just when I thought I couldn't look at eggs anymore, Well Fed's Egg Foo Yong saved breakfast. These lovely fritters were filled with steamed cabbage, chicken, and scallions, served with a dollop of spicy secret sauce. Perhaps a little too much flavor for breakfast for most but it was an awesome break for me.


And finally the star of the week was a reinvented childhood favorite: Beef Stroganoff. I posted the traditional recipe a long time ago but am ready to permanently replace it with this healthier version! This meal was inspired by a recipe in one of my favorite vegan cookbooks: Isa Does It (Yes I read vegan cookbooks too). Visit the Paleo Beef Strogonoff post for the recipe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment