Whole 30 Week 3 Roundup

It takes some time to transition your kitchen and your schedule to accommodate these new habits but there are some great things happening. I love only having to eat 3 meals a day and not worry about snacking in between. At home we are enjoying cooking and eating paleo and we both feel pretty awesome too.  At this point we have nailed down the process of having whole30 foods available and ready to cook. We had a great week filled with unbelievable meals. I have even become the source of lunch envy around the office! Here's what's been on my whole30 plate:

One of my new go-to recipes is Nom Nom Paleo's Kalua Pig. This is one of the easiest things I've ever made, requiring only 4 ingredients. I was doubtful it could be good or work but it really does! We like it over the Asian Slaw from Well Fed 2.

 Baked garlic plantains with spicy ground beef picadillo.

This was another stellar packed lunch. The most amazing thing about this dish was that I baked and mashed a yam and roasted brussels in the morning before work--that's whole30 dedication right there! The meal was completed with a lavender duck leg from Canyon Market. I love going there for local meat and I'm lucky to have it as an excellent resource for prepared food.

And the star of the week was a Cioppino by Giada De Larentiis. Loaded with mussels, clams, shrimp and salmon simmered in a tomato fish broth, this was surprisingly easy to make but with incredible depth of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment